Wednesday, September 2, 2009

wedding inspiration board

So I'm trying to be a writer, stay focused while at work, finish reading books, and plan a wedding all at the same time, and watch great TV. I always knew planning my wedding was going to be fun, but I didn't know how obsessed I would become with the smallest details. I blame it on the insanely amount of inspiring wedding blogs that wait patiently for me to read each morning in my Google Reader.

So, one thing that these wedding blogs have in common are "Inspiration Boards". People use them all the time. For interior decorating, blah and blah. They're usually based on the colors of your wedding. I've seen some decent ones, but none that get too specific. Because my fiance and I have gone through hundreds of photos online, we decided to clean them out and pick the ones that stood out. We then made our own inspiration board (click for a better view):
I personally LOVE it! It expresses the feeling that we're going for. We both grew up going to the desert a lot so incorporating succulents is a must. We both collect vinyl toys, so there's no way that we're going to have our wedding without having some vinyl toys on display. We already know how we're going to use them, but I'm not going to give away too many of our secrets!

One thing that I haven't seen in any of these inspiration boards is a musical influence! I don't know about you, but music is a HUGE part of our lives and will be at the wedding too. We like to think we listen to the best music, and have been putting together our list since we got together (8 years ago). That's why we threw in that New Order album cover, because we're that cool. Awesome inspiration board for what will soon be an awesome wedding!


1 comment:

alma said...

I love the colors!